Tuesday, September 25, 2012

10 Running-Related Questions

The awesome ladies over at Another Mother Runner came up with some really fun running related questions and so I thought I would share my answers with you. I don’t know about you but I love posts like this. So much fun to write and read!
1.       Best run ever- hands down the best run ever was the day I ran one mile straight without stopping. That was the day I realized that anything was possible. That was the day I realized I could actually become a runner.
2.       Three words that describe my running: barefoot, empowering, humbling
3.       My go-to running outfit is: I am still a newb so I don’t really have a set go-to running outfit yet. BUT when I am out running it is in compression carpis/shorts, a tech tee or tank (cotton is rotten!), compression sleeves if I plan on being out more than an hour, and a hat or headband.
4.       Quirky habit while running: you know how I said that the No Meat Athlete tells you to visualize ‘dinosaur arms holding butterflies’ in regards to your arm movements. Well, I got the whole T-Rex arm thing down and my right hand is great at the grasping a butterfly part. My left hand, however, is in fight mode. I tend to make a fist when I run. I am sure I am a goofy sight to see.
5.       Morning, midday, evening: morning, morning, morning! It has to be morning. I have run in the afternoons/evenings and it was very difficult. I really prefer to run on a nearly empty stomach.
6.       I won’t run outside when it’s: in the 100’s. I ran an 8K one evening and it was 99 when we started. I felt like I was going to die. It was the most miserable running experience to date. If I ever live somewhere that has snow and wintry conditions I am pretty sure I wouldn’t run in that either.
7.       Worst injury—and how I got over it: KNOCK ON FREAKING WOOD- nothing to date since I started running but you should check out this post about my life before minimalist/forefoot running.
8.       I felt most like a badass runner when: I sat in an ice bath for 20 minutes after my first 9 mile run. Honestly, I am not sure anything is more badass than subjecting yourself to pure torture all in the name of recovery. I think the foam rolling peeps out there would agree.
9.       Next race is: I have three races on the calendar before my half in November; 2 5Ks and a 15K
10.   Potential running goals for 2013: marathon, trail run, and lots of fun events like a mud run, color run and maybe even a warrior dash or Spartan challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this. It was so fun to see your answers. Maybe I'll have to try tackling these answers too. I love your first answer the most. The greatest accomplishment is the day you take the first step, not always the day you cross the finish line or set a PR. Happy running! xo

    ReplyDelete