Friday, October 18, 2013

Surgery Part 2: I Still Don't Have an Answer


I still don’t have an update as to whether or not my insurance company will approve the request from the surgeon to cover the panniculectomy. I actually called today and the surgeon’s office is waiting on a letter to send off and so their request probably won’t even make it to my insurance until Monday or Tuesday. Eh, it’s ok. I was planning on it taking closer to 6 weeks to hear back so I am not too concerned…yet.

In the meantime, as I patiently sit here and twiddle my thumbs, I thought I should start documenting some before photos. My own before photos- the surgeon has plenty of me already- so I have record for comparison purposes, you know?

Side note: one of my biggest regrets is not having really documented the beginning of my weight loss very well. I don’t have any pics from 02/2011 (the furthest one back I have is from a few months later) nor did I take any measurements. Lesson learned. In the grand scheme of things this is quite inconsequential.

After the last post about the surgery (you can read it here) I received so much wonderful feedback. What can I say, you guys are awesome. And that made me incredibly happy.

And I have been told many times from friends and loved ones that I don’t need the surgery- and that is true…to an extent.

There is a clear medical need for this procedure which is why my current and previous primary care docs have been pushing for it.

I tell you that it is bad, the chaffing, the sores, but you don’t see that (you know, since I tend to wear clothes while out in public) so it’s hard to understand.

So today I decided I would share with you some of what will probably become ‘before’ pics so you can get a better idea what I am dealing with.

Full disclosure- if you don’t want to see what someone who has lost nearly 130 pounds looks like practically nude I would close your browser now.

And please understand that it is hard for me to post something like this. It makes me vulnerable. Most people (99.9%) have never seen this part of my weight loss. But I wanted to share. Because it is a part of me. Just like all the other random shit I write about. I hope you understand.

 



 

Happy Friday wonderful people! <3

6 comments:

  1. I am sure this was hard for you to share but all I see is a lot of hard work there....yeah its of course not what we dream about when we dream of goal weight but for me I see all your hard work....and a good rack! And a boss tattoo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica!!! I appreciate your comments and support. You are a great friend and I am so lucky to have you in my life!

      Delete
  2. You're such a brave woman, Dacia. So many bloggers talk about weight loss but not as many talk about how hard it is after the weight is gone. I hope you hear good news from your doctor and the insurance soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi! I always try to keep it open and honest here and I am glad you appreciate that. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I know things will work out in the end. :)

      Delete
  3. You're such an inspiration, Dacia. I'm so lucky to be part of your life. Seriously.

    Also? I just love the comment by Momma Hunt! She's exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaime! You know I love you to death! You are the reason I am me!!! I owe you big time. Thanks for always having my back!!!

      Delete