Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just Some Thoughts...

It’s weird living in Florida now. Well not really Florida per se, but somewhere new. See, I moved here in February looking pretty much the same as how I do today. My coworkers don’t know 286 pound Dacia, they never met her. They only know this Dacia. They think I am active, and probably always have been. They think I am a healthy eater, and probably always have been that too.

I don’t keep my past from anyone intentionally but how do you bring it up. What is the segue….oh, you think you need to lose weight? Well I lost 125 lbs. so I know how you feel.

Not quite.

Not saying that there aren't people in Pensacola that know my story, or at least some of it. There are.

I do share. Even with co-workers.

When it has come up.

I kind of unintentionally but kind of intentionally wait for people to ask me about it, instead of just openly discussing it. Which is weird…because I am a blogger. I tell all of the interwebs about all of my shit.

I don’t know. I guess it’s because you choose to come here and read it. It’s kind of like your way of asking.

Does that make sense?

Anywho….my point (yes, I do have one) is that today I shared with a co-worker part of my story. She was floored. She had no idea. And as we talked about the how and the why and all that good stuff she said she had never met anyone who had done this- lost a lot of weight. Not without weight loss surgery.

And I was surprised.

Really? I thought- you have never met anyone who has experienced a large amount of weight loss through dietary changes and exercise?

Nope.

I couldn’t believe it. I feel like I know a hundred people, probably more, who have done the same as I. It seems so common. Such a familiar thread.

But is it really?

Actually, as I thought about it all the people I know who have been through this and how I know  them because of blogging or through their WW success stories or through social media-probably because of something weight loss related. I know them because I actively sought out others who were/are going through a similar journey. And I am so happy to be apart of this collective but man, sometimes it makes my world seem much smaller.  

Which is awesome. I love being part of this community.

But it makes it easy to forget that I am part of something bigger. My reach is not just this group of weight loss bloggers but to my friends and family and co-workers and pilates friends and boot camp partners and classmates and neighbors. That there are people both inside and outside of my bubble that see me as an inspiration. That are motivated by what I am doing. People amazed by accomplishments. And that’s crazy.

And humbling.

And something I never expected.

And it makes me cry almost daily anymore.

Good, happy tears.

The ‘how the hell did I get so damn lucky’ kind of tears.

I don’t know why I decided to write this other than it is just something in my head right now.

Also, it’s a great reminder for me to stop and say thanks to all of those around me; here on the blog and in my every day life, for making my life what it is today.

Thank you for making me feel special every day.

Thank you for being my friends, cheerleaders, shoulders to cry on, sounding boards and of course for being the coolest people around. You make my bubble awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for being awesome and such an inspiration - glad to have you in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I am so happy to have you in my life as well :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful post. Love reading about your journey - it inspires me for sure!

    ReplyDelete