Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Do You Know What Today Is???


Today is my two year vegan-versary…that’s a thing right?

Two years ago I made a decision (based off of feedback I found from mindful eating and food journaling) to eliminate all animal products from my diet. At least temporarily…you know, to test it out.

My decision was made for health reasons.

After a few months it became clear to me that this was how I wanted to live and my choice to continue on as a vegan shifted more to ethical reasons as well.

Now, two years later, as a healthier and fitter version of the 2011 me I know that I could easily incorporate meat back into my diet (at least in small amounts)- but I honestly don’t want to.  

I love being a vegan.

It works for me.

It’s not for everyone. We are all different. I totally get that.

But for me, and my tree-hugging, animal-loving, let-me-check-barnivore-to-make-sure-my-beer-is-vegan self, it’s the best decision I ever made.

And so two years later I celebrate that choice.

With a nice big bowl of farro & bean stew and an ice cold New Belgium beer
 

This one is for you Erika! 
 

2 comments:

  1. That picture just made me spit water all over my desk!!!
    Congrats on your vegan-versary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your vegan-versary!

    ReplyDelete