Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Faith

Today I feel very fortunate.

Not to say that I don’t feel this way most days. I do. I know how lucky I am and I try to never take that for granted.

But today…

Today I am overwhelmed with these feelings of gratitude and gratefulness.

It feels amazing to walk outside and feel the warmth from the sun against my face, the cool fall breezes against my skin.  I look around and see a million and one reasons to be thankful for this life. Thankful for where I am.

Even when life is hard I am thankful.

Maybe it is the challenges and struggles that make it easier to recognize the greatness of everything around me. Make me recognize how many things I have to be thankful for.

And I think even in the darkest of times it is important to hold onto that thankfulness, that appreciation, to help you not become so lost. So overwhelmed. So scared.

I read this sign the other day on the wall of my therapist’s office. It said;

“Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.”

I have acceptance of what is. My path through this life has brought me here. This is where I am meant to be. I accept that. Openly. Honestly. Whole-heartedly.

I have worked very hard to let go of what was. Those things I cannot change. Those things that have shaped and molded me and made me the person I am today. I have no regrets. I no longer live in the past, longing for once was. I am here, today, now. This is my life. And it is awesome.

I NEED to have faith in what will be. Most days I do. I am nothing if not an overly optimistic person and I have floated through my life on the ideal that everything will work out in the end. I believe that to be 100% true. Today, though, as my life has started to change into something completely different, I step into the unknown leaving behind my safety net. And because of this I need to remind myself (over and over) to have faith in what will be.

I just need a little faith.

Because there really should not be a single doubt in my mind that I am destined for something great. My life is, has been, and will continue to be amazing.

And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment