Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm Not Sure Why...

Yesterday I read a post on FB where someone asked (in a completely non-judgmental way) why is it that women are so critical of each other, why do we feel the need to tear each other down?

I wish I knew.

It sucks. I try really hard to not fall into that pattern of behavior. I don’t want to judge anyone or criticize anyone or belittle anyone. Period.

And I certainly don’t want to do any of those things because I am not ok with something going on inside my head or some ‘flaw’ I see in myself. I don’t want to project my own shit onto others.

I think I do a pretty good job. I try to be loving and accepting and kind to everyone. It’s not always easy and it takes allowing yourself to be vulnerable to do so but I believe it’s totally worth it.

I also try not to get caught up in behaviors or actions that could be seen as fat-shaming, skinny-shaming,  any type of shaming you can think of... and really instead try to focus on acceptance of people as is. As humans. For what they bring to this world. For what makes them awesome and unique and all that good stuff.

Again, not always easy BUT I think keeping a positive outlook helps. That and the fact that I want others to treat me with the same respect and kindness. It feels good. Everyone should know what it feels like to have people care about them, respect them.

That’s how I am…
Or at least the person I am trying to be every day.

I don’t know why some women act in a hurtful manner but it makes me sad.

We deserve more. We deserve love and respect, not hate and ignorance.

Not just women- all humans.

We should treat others as we want to be treated, right?

So today, for me, please take a minute to tell some women in your life (family, friends, co-workers, strangers, etc.) something nice, kind, warm, caring. Something to let them know that they are truly awesome. That they are worth love and respect and kindness. It takes very little effort to say something nice but the reward for doing so (both for you and them) is immeasurable. So why not?

Let’s just try to spread a little more love and a little less hate today, ok?

Thank you!

Dacia

No comments:

Post a Comment