If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Make sure you share your link over at All the Weigh so everyone can see your responses. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
All about the Blog
1. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in February of 2011- so about 32 months, give or take. This blog, however, is relatively new still. I have only been Run. Ride. Repeat. since August of 2012.
2. What is the overwhelming theme of your blog? At first I think the idea behind this blog was for me to share my adventures in running, cycling and any other type of fun active stuff- you know, kind of moving away from the weight loss theme of my previous blog. I was changing my focus and my life and I wanted a blog that better reflected that. Now though, I think the theme of my blog is just all things Dacia. I pretty much write about anything/everything in my life and so far no one has really complained about the lack of dedicated running/riding posts lately so that’s good.
3. Have you connected with people in person after meeting them through blogging? YES! And I love it! I attended Fitbloggin’ this past June and I met so many wonderful people there that I had ‘known’ for so long (and met a ton that I hadn’t known, too, which was equally awesome) and it was the best thing. I have been lucky to have met other bloggers here in town as well as through my travels back home and when I was in Boston and even this weekend in NOLA and have been able to share alot of one on one time, which is great. Being able to meet people that I have connected with on so many levels, people that inspire me and motivate me, people that have been my light at the end of the tunnel is pretty freaking amazing!
13.1 Miles to Disney and me just before Color Me Rad in Mobile
With the beautiful All the Weigh in New Orleans
4. What do you enjoy most about blogging? Most- that’s a tough one. I would say I really love blogging because it’s a place for me to be myself, an outlet for all the random crap inside my head, for the support and for this wonderful community of friends blogging has led me too. It’s awesome!
5. How often do you blog? Probably not enough. Not nearly as much as most other bloggers. I aim for a few times a week. Sometimes I only get in one post, sometimes I can squeeze in 4 or 5. It really depends on how busy I am and the fact that I rarely post on the weekends doesn’t help. I know I should write more frequently, and I want to, but it really isn’t my first priority- you know?
6. Share one thing that you don’t like about blogging. Personally, sometimes it is hard for people who don’t know me (and sometimes even those who do) in real life to sense the tone I am writing in. That’s true for everything though right? Texts, emails, etc. it is hard to gauge the writers tone. So sometimes I worry people misconstrue what I am meaning. But that is life and unless I want to do all video blogs I really can’t change that.
7. Do you talk about your blog in everyday life? Yes and no. I mean, it isn’t a secret but I don’t really talk about it with everyone. All of my friends know about it and some even read it but a lot of my coworkers and probably most of my family don’t.
8. What is the coolest and most unexpected thing that has happened to you as a result of blogging? I lost 125 pounds and made some of the most amazing friends along the way. I have found self-love and acceptance. I am the happiest I have ever been. I am strong, adventurous and willing to take risks. I am living an active and healthy life. And all of these things happened because I started blogging.
9. Are there topics that are off-limits on your blog? If so, name a few… I will openly discuss pretty much anything on the blog that pertains to me. I try to not talk about anyone else though. With permission I have talked about my family and my mom’s cancer. I will probably never discuss private details of my marriage, or any relationships for that matter, since those are not mine to share. You can ask me anything Dacia related and more than likely I will tell you. :)
10. If you could accomplish one thing through your blog before the end of this year, what would you want to accomplish? This is a tough one. I would like to be able to help people the way others have helped me so that is always an underlying goal of pretty much everything I do. Other than that, I have some ideas but nothing I have set in stone.