Friday, October 5, 2012

That's So Rad!

I love getting daily emails from Groupon, Living Social and the whatnot because some days, like today, they contain a really awesome deal.
Not necessarily from a savings standpoint but from a that-is-so-freaking-cool-I-had-no-idea standpoint.
Disappointed that I missed out on the Austin Color Run (I wasn’t even close to completing the couch to 5K when it took place) and saddened that there is no San Antonio Color Run you can imagine my reaction when an email came through for the San Antonio Color Me Rad 5K.

Image from the Color Me Rad website

What? When? How did I not know about this?  I must tell my friends. I must buy this deal right now.
And that is what I did.
The Groupon offer sold out pretty quickly so I don’t think any of my friends will be joining me for this but I don’t care. I am not about to miss out on all the fun just because I’ll be alone. Nope. No way. I have seen so many pictures from people who have done these runs and they look like so much fun. I just couldn't pass this offer up.
Come December 2nd I’ll be running through the streets of San Antonio while covered in multi-colored powder. I am so freaking excited!
And I will be sure to bring a disposable camera so I can share the pictures with you!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! We'll be racing on the same day! Though the color run I did wasn't timed and with all the walkers should be, by no measurement, considered a race. I took my regular camera in a plastic baggie and it made for some really cool photos. I also took a bandanna so that I wouldn't inhale too much of the color which was especially important at the final color throws. While on the course the throwers seemed to know to throw towards the stomach/hip/leg area but at the final throw there is just so much powder in the air that you can't help but inhale it which was a little gross to me. I hope you have such a great time - this was by far the most fun thing I've done and hope it'll be that way for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete