Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I've Got Denver On My Mind

I’m so excited to be heading off to Denver tomorrow for Fitbloggin’!!! This will be my third year attending. This conference is always a big highlight of my year. It is a time to see my people, most of which I only see once a year at this conference, try new things, and to spend a long weekend really getting to know myself better. Fitbloggin’ is a very introspective experience for me. And yes, believe it or not, I can always use more time to be introspective. I always come away from this conference slightly changed and super motivated about my life and the path I am on. I don’t expect this year to be any different, either.

A few of my favorite memories from Fitbloggin' 2013 and 2014









In addition to the conference sessions and events I am planning on doing some fun things around Denver while I am there. Here is a quick rundown.

BEER

You know I will be hitting up some breweries while I am there. Portland (FB 2013) was a great city for breweries and I am thinking Denver will be just as good for me. My plan is one a day: Thursday - Great Divide, Friday – Breckenridge, and Saturday – Renegade Brewing for their 4th anniversary block party. Knowing all that I have planned and the time it will take me to acclimate to life above sea level, I am trying to stay conservative with my beer consumption. I am planning on hitting these breweries with friends, friends that will share flights and beers with me so I can try new stuff and at the same time not get wasted.

FOOD

If you know me in real life then you know that when I travel I come prepared with a list of restaurants and markets in the area I am staying where I can grab some really good vegan eats.  The tops of my list of must eats: Native Foods Café (which I have dined at in LA and cannot wait to go back!), Watercourse Foods (I am hoping to dine here Friday night) and Beet Box Bakery because….vegan doughnuts. You know that is a must for me!

ACTIVITY

Now Fitbloggin’ itself is like half workouts - half sessions and I have plans to participate in some during the conference like Zumba, Glider Yoga, Yoga on the Roof, Posture Fit and Jump Fitness (my favorite from 2013). But I am also planning on including some additional activity as well. Heather and I (whom are leading the small group discussion with Thea) are going to a Friday morning Empowerment Vinyasa class at Sol Shine Yoga Studio and then a Sound Healing & Restorative Yoga workshop at the Body Mind Energy Center on Saturday. When I lived in San Antonio I used to go to sound healing workshops and LOVED them. I haven’t found anything comparable in Pensacola so I jumped at the chance to do this while in Denver. Also, the empowerment yoga class and the studio itself had great descriptions posted - I was hooked….

About the studio: At Sol Shine you are encouraged to AUTHENTICALLY be yourself. We offer up this urban sanctuary for YOU to mold your mind and body into your ideal vessel for RADICAL SELF-LOVE. Our mission is to provide a non-judgmental, supportive and inspiring community for students of all levels to flourish in.

About the class: This high-vibrational power vinyasa class will leave you feeling strong and empowered in mind, body and spirit. You will build heat as you flow breath to movement. Modifications will be cued so everyone has the opportunity to explore their edge. Some yoga experience is recommended.

See, amazing right? I cannot wait!

In addition to all of these conference and non-conference activities and outings there is something else I am super excited and nervous about but I am not going to spill the beans just yet….you’ll have to wait and see what happens in Denver that takes me COMPLETELY outside of my comfort zone!

Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment