Sunday, May 4, 2014

Yep, I Know...

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, especially on a topic other than the Mother's Day Healthy Living Challenge which is wrapping up this week. 

I know, I'm a terrible blogger. 

Good thing no one pays me to do this. I'd probably be fired by now. 

I just go through phases. My motivation to write ebbs and flows. This is clearly an ebb. 

But now that I have a few hours to spare as we make our way home from Atlanta I figured maybe I should take some time and write. 

Are you wondering what I've been up to? The short answer- life.

The longer answer - enjoying life and all the adventures while at the same time riding through chaos of work, the end of a semester, surviving a horrific flood unscathed, and traveling all over the place! 

April took me to the west coast, Anaheim specifically, for 8 days. Then the day after I came back to Florida I left for a weekend in Georgia. The following weekend was spent with Erick and his family celebrating Easter. Then a weekend spent both relaxing (beach and massages) and stressing out (finals and a memorial service). That brings us up to this weekend, the first weekend in May. E and I took off from work Friday to drive to Atlanta to see Arcade Fire, which was an amazing concert. We also hit up a few breweries, ate some amazing food, rode the SkyView (which is the Ferris wheel that used to be in Pensacola - the first and only one I've ever been on) and this morning took a trip to a farm so I could play with a bunch of teeny tiny animals.







E and I have definitely mastered the art of packing our weekends full- it's pretty awesome. We are home, aside from a short trip to E's mom's for Mother's Day, for a couple weeks and then we are off to Philly for 6 days! A week after Philly I am heading to Orlando for a work conference to which E will fly down and meet me. Then he and I will head over to Tampa for a long weekend. We are catching a Rays game with a Weezer concert after, hitting up some breweries (of course) and then swimming with some manatees. 3 weeks after Tampa is Fitbloggin' and what will probably (hopefully) be my last trip until September. 

Don't get me wrong- I love traveling. I love going on adventures and experiencing new things. But I also love the beautiful beach I so thankfully live very close to (in case you didn't know Pensacola is one of the nicest beaches in the continental US) and I plan on spending my weekends this summer being a beach bum, BBQing, riding bikes, and enjoying my city. 

Oh and of course, taking summer classes. A year into my second grad degree and I think I have mastered the art of being a grad student slash full-time employee. I'm actually quite good at it. I took two courses this term and received A's in both :)

Oh and moving...over the next month I'll be slowly moving from my apartment downtown into a house.

With a roommate. 

Yep, me and this guy.



The one who takes a 30 minute detour to stop at a donut shop that sells vegan donuts. Then takes an hour detour to go to an animal farm because he knows nothing would make me happier.



This is the same guy that drove with me to Jacksonville to see the Mowgli's in concert since I would be in CA when their tour passed through Pensacola.




This is the same guy that flew me to Nashville for my birthday to take me to a Preds game. Drove to New Orleans to watch MY friend run a half marathon. Met me at the airport (with a sign) when my flight arrived at 11p even though my car was in the parking garage. Buys me kale jewelry. Drives 6 hours to watch the Phillies in spring training. Cheers for the Flyers. Eats vegan baked goods. Plans picnics. Thinks it's imperative we stop at every trader Joe's we come across to buy cookies. And dances with me whenever 'our song' (we have a few) comes on. 









And I couldn't be happier.



Can't you tell???

Now that you are all caught up with my life...how are you? What's new in your world? 

Love and hugs,
Dacia 
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about all your travels! Hockey, beer, and bands - what's not to love? Congrats on moving in with E, too!

    What's new in my life? You know this already, haha, but I ran my first half today!!! My mind is blown that I've actually run 13.1 miles! As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy! I am so glad you're having such great adventures and such a good life!

    ReplyDelete