Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Favorite Activity as a Child

Here is my post for day 5 of the March Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger Blogging Challenge.

Today's topic is 'what was your favorite activity as a child?'

I'd like to think I was the typical child of the late 70s/early 80s; playing outside until the street lights came on, getting dirty, using my imagination and whatnot. Although I do also remember plenty of time dedicated to using my portable tape recorder,standing in front of the TV, to tape my favorite episodes of Scooby Doo, but I digress.

When I think back on my childhood I of course think about running around with my friends. Playing at the park or playground or even in our yards. I remember long summers days and how I never wanted to be inside.

But when I think as to what was my favorite activity one thing popped right into my mind- fishing.

Ok, so yeah, I know this may not be the typical activity you had in mind. And yes, for the most part fishing is a pretty inactive activity but to me it is still an activity nonetheless.

I remember fishing with my dad while we would camp out during the summers or with my grandpa in his little boat when we would go up to his place in the mountains. When I think of my favorite thing to do as a child my mind instantly jumps to those memories.

And yes, I do see the irony in  this as I am now an animal-loving vegan ;)

I also find it funny that as a kid I was drawn to an activity which requires complete silence and allows ample time for introspection.

 
Me, alone with my thoughts
 
Even if those thoughts revolved around Sesame Street and playing makebelieve.
 
What was your favorite activity as a child?
 
Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment