Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fitbloggin' Recap Part 2

I wanted to write a Fitbloggin’ recap that addressed the more serious side of what happened last weekend; the small group discussions (and even just time spent with friends) that were very introspective and forced me to really think long and hard about my actions, the person I am, the person I hope one day to be and what I need to do to get there.

I actually did write that post, well a large chunk of it anyway, it is currently on the little notepad app on my ipad which is at home. Hopefully I will remember to send myself the notes so I can work on it some more and share with you the emotional stuff from this weekend.

So for now I will just leave you with this post- the ridiculously fun, goofy, and wildly entertaining side of Portland and Fitbloggin'.
The Fitness of Fitbloggin'
 So much exercise crammed into one weekend. I participated in Boot Camp, Cardio Dance, Yoga, Jump Fitness, and the 5K run and we walked almost everywhere we went. It was alot for just a few days but so much fun!
Jump Fitness

 
 

 I'm Flying...
Side plank dips
 
 As seen in Runner's World, found this spot during the 5K
 
Beautiful backdrop for a morning run
 
The Food...More Importantly, the Desserts
 
So thankful to have vegan (and non-vegan but accommodating/adventurous) friends to join me while I ate all the vegan food. Portland has alot. I thoroughly enjoyed every bite!

 Chocolate Hazelnut Bomb Cake (I think that is what it was called) at Portobello's
 


 Brooke helped us finish the last bite. It was heavenly!
 
At Petunia's
 We passed our initiation into the clean plate club...
 
 At Voodoo- Annabel ordered the vegan Ol' Dirt Bastard (chocolate, oreos, peanut butter)

 I am very excited that there is an entire shelf dedicated to vegan doughnuts
And since I am easily amused I order the vegan Cock and Balls donut and made penis jokes non-stop the rest of the weekend.
 
 
The Beer- not nearly enough time to try it all...
 
 Rock Bottom Brewery
 McMenamin's
 ROGUE!!!
No, I didn't drink that bottle- it actually came home in my suitcase. That just happens to be the same thing that was in the glass. Holding both up was difficult- my arms were so tired and they weighed a ton. Lol! This beer was called the New Crustacean Barleywineish Imperial IPA Sorta...
 
Randomness
 
In Portland so many random things happened. I saw a naked person, a woman who pulled a snake out of her hair, a man selling bad advice (at reasonable rates), a man who wanted us to throw water balloons at him, and I am sure there are more than I can think of right now.
 
The only really weird thing I captured on camera was this- Erika eating a raw oyster she got from some man on the street. This was the first time she had ever had one. I thought the photo progression was kind of funny...
 





Yep, a raw oyster on a beer full of beer...maybe not the best choice of the day...
 
My Goofy Side
 
I am sure you have seen a million pictures on here (selfies- I hate that word) of just me drinking a beer, or me sweaty-faced post workout, or whatever. In reality I love to take goofy photos but that's easier said than done when you are taking them alone. So this weekend I was thrilled to find a bunch of goofballs like me to take pictures with!
 
 Erika- can you take my picture???
 Vogueing with Bang
 Mariana and I
Yep...
Me and Pauly (@runninpaola)! Don't you just love the photobomb- Thanks zombie-Brooke! LOL!
 
Happy Photos
 
And yes, I of course took tons of regular photos. Here are a few of my favorites.
 
 Dre!
 Erika, me and Annabel
 Dani- sadly our only pic together from Fitbloggin'
And of course, the world famous Steve Gray!
 
I took over 400 pictures in just 72 hours so don't worry, there are definitely more to come. You know what the sad thing is? I know there are so many amazing people I didn't get to meet or take a picture with or give a hug to. Good thing there is always next year! Here's to Fitbloggin' 14 (in either Nashville or Austin) - I cannot wait to do this again! 





8 comments:

  1. Oh my word!! All of the pics look soooo amazing! I'm glad you had a blast!!! I hope it comes closer to the east coast! I might have a better chance of making it! But I can't wait to read your other insightful blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! Next year's location will either be Nashville or Austin. I hope you can make it!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your recaps and can't wait for more. I can't wait for Fitbloggin '14!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that no matter the location you and I can road trip it to Fitbloggin' next year! Definitely will plan on extending my stay next year. It was too short this time around.

      Delete
  3. Mmm.... VooDoo... delish! We went there too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could you not? When in Rome, right??? Lol!

      Delete
  4. I've been wondering if anyone ordered the cock + balls doughnut! I was sure I would have died laughing if I'd even tried to order one because I'm basically a 12 year old. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I made a totally fool out of myself. I must have said cock and balls, or cock, or balls, or penis- some variation- at least a million times that day. And laughed hysterically every time.

      Delete