Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wordless Wednesday...I Think Not!

So today won’t be a typical Wordless Wednesday post. I have no pictures to share because I moved all the pictures off my phone onto my computer last night – I needed to free up space for Fitbloggin! Instead I will just share with you some of the thoughts racing through my head right now.

Fitbloggin’- it’s pretty much the only thing I can think about right now. My flight leaves at 630a tomorrow and I don’t think it is possible to be more excited. I packed up the entire contents of my wardrobe my bags Sunday because I knew I wouldn’t have the time Monday-Wednesday to pack. But of course you know there are some things I can’t pack ahead of time (like my glasses, iPhone charger, etc.) so I have an ever growing list by my side of things that need to be packed tonight/tomorrow morning. I guess its times like these where being ridiculously organized pays off.

I am so super excited to be able to see ‘my people’ tomorrow and I expect there to be lots of hugs and laughs and probably a crap ton of pictures. That’s what we bloggers do….we take pictures of everything. So consider yourself warned- my FB and twitter will be overrun and I am sure next week I will be sharing my adventures with you here on the blog.

I am also super excited that there is an app for fitbloggin’! I went ahead and added all of the workouts and sessions I plan on attending to my calendar which is awesome. That will definitely help me not miss any of the ones I really want to attend. My plan this weekend is to squeeze as much of everything into my days as possible. There are so many places I want to go to in Portland so I plan on spending at least a few hours every day out in the city; drinking all of the beer and eating all of the vegan food.  

Yeah, I wish I had more time to spend in Portland. I don’t think 4 days will cut it. I will probably come back with a list of all the places I want to see the next time I go back…lol!

Hmmmm, what else?

As you can tell my mind is kind of consumed with this trip.

This week has gone pretty well so far. Yesterday I handed in my Stats midterm. It’s not due until Sunday but since I will be in OR I wanted to have it finished before I left. I also already handed in my two research assignments that are also due this Sunday so I can leave for fitbloggin without any stress of how to get schoolwork done while there. The stats exam was pretty tough- 10 essay questions. Blerg! Essay questions on a stats exam are no fun. But I think I did ok. We’ll see. Right now I have A's in both my classes but this midterm is really my first big grade for either course. Next week is my midterm for my research class so once I get back from Portland it will be a quick transition back into my focus on school.

This week has also gone pretty well training wise. I didn’t get to make it to the pool Monday after barre class though. I opted to meet friends for beers and hockey instead. I probably should have gone to the pool since Monday night was the only time I could have gone swimming but it was the Stanley Cup. I’m not a robot. I can’t always put my training schedule ahead of everything else. I need to have fun too.

And trust me, it’s not like I’ve been slacking. Friday was my last rest day. Since then I have went to; three barre classes (plus I have another one on the books tonight), 2 reformer sessions, got in one swimming session, 2 bike rides, and 2 runs. I’m feeling really good; very positive about where I am right now both mentally and physically in regards to training and my work-school-training-social life balance. So yay!
OK, I lied. I do have one picture on my phone, it's from this morning. Another post-workout (35 minute run) sweaty pic. If you look close enough you can see the sweat dripping off my nose. I am one classy lady ;)
 

That’s really all I have going on right now; nothing too extraordinary.

Oh, but I should also mention here some exciting Paul news. Weather permitting, Paul will have his solo flight tomorrow thus completing the second stage of his flight training. There are still many more stages ahead of him but I am happy he is progressing. Because of the whole sequestration thingy we didn’t think he would even start flight school at all this year and here he is about to finish up his second stage and move on to the next. Exciting!

What does that mean for us as far as moving goes? Nothing yet. His next phase of training will be at Whiting Field, about a half hour drive from where we currently live. So we know we will both be here in Pensacola for at least the duration of that phase which is 6 months. After that, who knows? But I will be sure to keep you posted.

What have you been up to this week? Will I be seeing you at Fitbloggin?

1 comment:

  1. You wordless Wednesday rebel! ;) Have a blast at Fitbloggin!!

    ReplyDelete