Thursday, March 19, 2015

50 Good Questions: Part 1

I randomly came across this blog post from 2011 when trying to come up with some ‘good questions to ask yourself’ (that was my Google search) as part of a blog post I wanted to write. This post has 50 questions and that is a bit much for me to do in one sitting so I decided to break it down ten questions at a time.

What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?

I don’t really have nicknames although E calls me Boo and my friend Dre calls me Dae Dae. My name is pretty weird unusual and for the most part people have never met another Dacia (pronounced Day-sha, the –cia makes a –sha sound like in Marcia or Patricia) and so I am happy if people can just say my name correctly. For the most part, you call me something remotely close to Dacia and I will respond, and probably not correct you.

What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
Too many. At the top of my list is ‘Wild’, ‘It Was Me All Along’, ‘We’ll Always Have Paris’ and Handbook of Research on Multicultural Education – my current course textbook. It’s a behemoth.

It's huge and weighs a ton. I get a great upper body workout lugging this thing around ;)

How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?

I used to doodle often, this was a bad habit for me in school. I would go to review class notes and where there should have been useful and helpful info there was instead doodles. I am not very artistic so my doodles tended to be flower or random squiggly shapes.

What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I am a pretty sound sleeper although I do randomly wake up and have mini freak-outs sometimes which are always entertaining (she says sarcastically) for anyone sharing a room with me. Falling asleep, however, usually isn’t a problem. But during those times when I cannot sleep and I have given up on all hope of falling back asleep I will grab my phone and type up blog posts. I write sporadically (as you probably already know) and compose most of my posts while lying in bed or as a passenger of a car.

How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
Solitary confinement means nothing but me in a room, right? No books or pens/paper? If this is the case I am not sure how long I would last. I would probably try to pass the time by meditating or by creating/telling myself stories. More than likely it wouldn’t take but a day or two for me to crack. I’m a wimp.

Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I do. I try to be good about it and just save a few here and there but usually I end up saving them all. Then I shove them away somewhere – like a desk drawer or storage container- and then of course I forget where I put them until I find them like 5 years later and decide I should probably throw them away.

Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
Probably me. I like to think I am a girl that doesn’t need much to survive, and maybe that’s true, but since it is very hard for me to throw stuff away/donate I tend to have way more than I need.  That being said, I am getting better. I think having to live in a 300 square foot efficiency really helped me to become less of a hoarder.

When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I am definitely a ‘slip in and look for someone I know’ type person. Not that I am shy, because I’m not, I am just awkward in social situations. I have anxiety issues- crowds don’t help. Which is weird as an extrovert to sometimes be so overwhelmed by people. It’s not an easy battle.

What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
I think my strongest sense is smell. I feel like I have a very sensitive nose. Smells bother me easily. For example, we have one of those room air fresheners that goes off on a timer. If that goes off, and it is in the living room, and I am eating, in the dining room, I can’t eat. Everything will taste like clean linen. It’s gross. That being said, I would not want to lose my sense of smell. There are too many positive memories triggered by smells that I wouldn’t want to lose. Plus, I love the way E smells. So, I would opt for losing my sense of taste. I just couldn’t imagine life without sight, smell, touch or sound. But I think I would be ok without taste.

How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I would say 15. I honestly have no idea. I look at myself in the morning when I am getting ready and every time I am in the restroom washing my hands (which is like once an hour- I pee quite frequently) and then at night when I take my contacts out/get ready for bed. I am not sure if that is what this question means. If there wasn’t a mirror over every sink I use then this number would probably be less.
Ok, well that’s ten questions. Feel free to play along and answer one/some/all on your blog (be sure to link back if you do) or in the comments. Until next time….



And on a completely unrelated note tomorrow (March 20th) is MEATOUT Celebrate the first day of spring by eating vegan for the day. E already agreed to take part in this which makes me super happy. If you are interested in learning more check out their website: MEATOUT 
*Check out the slider on the home page to see the impact not eating meat has (even if just doing this one to two days a week) on animals and the environment. It's very cool! 


Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment