Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Three Year Blogiversary!

It’s been three years (THREE YEARS!!!) since I started blogging, since I committed to change my life, to lose weight, to get healthy, to become less couch-potato-y. THREE YEARS!

WOW!

Like super wow!

I cannot believe how much has changed in three years!

Obviously the big ones; moving to Florida, the end of my marriage, and of course losing an entire person’s worth of weight.

Of course those are just the really crazy big life altering ones. There was a ton of smaller, but yet also meaningful and important, changes as well.

I became a vegan (10/08/11) and haven’t looked back since

I ran.

For the first time in a really long time, I ran.

I ran a mile. Then a 5K. Then a couple more 5Ks. Then I worked my way up from there to a half marathon. 

I ran three of those.

I tried every group fitness class I could find; boxing, kickboxing, boot camp, Bikram yoga, hot yoga, gentle yoga, yin yoga, kundalini yoga, yoga for athletes, aerial yoga (you get the point, right- lots of yoga), pilates, nia, journey dance, tai chi, qigong, Zumba, spin, barre, and even more boot camp.

I bought a bike…and then another…and then another. And then I started to commute to work by bike. (wish I could do this now)

I went to concerts, plays, and musicals.

I kayaked and paddle boarded

I learned how to swim properly….and then completed my first triathlon

I ate a whole lotta new to me foods. Most of which I loved. (Eat more kale, people!)

I went to Fitbloggin’ and spent an amazing weekend with my soul mates

I went to New Orleans for the first time ever and have since gone back four times!

I went to Nashville and Portland and Daytona/St. Augustine and home to Philly.

I was by my mom’s side through her double mastectomy

I lost friends and family, all too soon

I lost my doggies, too, also too soon

I started grad school….again

I started two new jobs and was lucky to make the most amazing friends and fabulous coworkers at both!

I have drank countless beers and totally became a beer snob, which I am completely ok with

I have laughed until I cried

I felt defeated but most times I felt victorious

I went on adventures

I stopped being so damn scared of life, stopped passively sitting on the sidelines watching life pass me by and made something of it. I made this life the one I always wanted.

I made the most amazing group of friends through blogging and social media and thankfully I have had the honor to meet so many of them in real life. (and I can’t wait to meet the rest of you- I owe you lots of hugs)

But most importantly of all of the changes that have taken place over the last three years…

I feel in love…

With me.

I am absolutely, positively certain that without that acceptance and self-love I never would have gotten to this point in my life where I am healthy and happy. I found that acceptance early on in my journey (thanks mostly to a group of amazing women I met in SA) and it made all the difference. I had big dreams but for the first time in my life I was able to take the actions necessary to make them materialize. I put my needs, my health, my goals first because I knew/know that I AM WORTH IT! I am worthy of love and happiness and a healthy and active life.

And so are you.

We all are worthy of our dreams and the life we wish for.

I hope you know that.

Because you are awesome!

As is!

So, what’s in store for me now? Who knows for sure?

What I hope for though is a year filled with joy and adventure, time with friends and loved ones. A year being active and social and truly embracing everything this crazy life has to offer. Who knows exactly where I will be a year from now. But as long as I continue to love myself, accept myself, and put myself first I know this next year will be incredible!

Thank you all for being a part of my journey!

Love and big giant bear hugs,
Dacia

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome! Fun to read and even more fun (for the most part) to live! Can't wait to see what another 3 years gets you! :) Enjoy every minute. - Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much Laura! You have been such an amazing friend and support through all of this. I couldn't have done it without you!

      Delete