Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Quick Hello

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop in for a quick hello!

I have two days left in my final semester of my EdS (God willing) and I am trying to not lose my shit over the volume of work that still remains to be done.

I have a project due tomorrow and I am, best guess, 75% finished.

I have a paper (a huge, huge, gigantic 35 page paper) due Thursday. I talked about this same paper in this post. This is the one I am writing about the Black Lives Matter movement.  Well, technically I am writing to answer the question ‘Why Do Black Loves Matter’. Normally, especially when I am as organized and prepared as I am now, I can write pretty quickly. When I get into it the words just flow and writing a paper of this length would typically take me two days tops. Right now I am about half way through and it has taken me more than two days to get there. Yikes. I am so slow in the process of writing this particular paper because a) I am overwhelmed with data and resources and b) because I want to do this topic justice. This isn’t just a normal grad school paper. This one is different. It’s hard. It’s complex. And the topic is so fucking upsetting. It’s been rough.

I will definitely need a beer or six when this is all over.

I started Cize this week. I love this program so much. DVDs/at home workouts are usually not my thing but this one is different. It’s doable and enjoyable and it keeps me craving more. I have been doing the program for a couple weeks but started officially with the 4 week program on Sunday. And as I mentioned previously, I am now a Beachbody coach. I am not trying to sell you on Cize though, I would still be writing about it even if I wasn’t affiliated with BB. But if you are interested in the program you can check out some videos I have posted on my FB page or even join in my (non-affiliated) accountability and weight loss group I created last week. We talk about Cize there too, although only a couple of us are doing the program. The group is open to anyone that just wants some help and support.

That’s pretty much it for now, I think.

I am really looking forward to getting back into blogging regularly again once the semester is over. I have missed the last two Mental Health Monday link ups and I still want to continue on with the Eat, Move, Love series. I miss sharing with you guys!

Oh and Gordie was chosen as one of the top 5 cutest dogs in Pensacola. The contest ends tomorrow. Voting is taking place on FB and if you want to cast a vote for our little furbaby just click this link and ‘like’ his photo.

Thanks!

Hope you all are well!

Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment