Thursday, July 9, 2015

My Daily Reminder

Have you heard the saying (I’m paraphrasing here) that we are too busy chasing happy to realize we are already happy?

I don’t want to live my life chasing happy. I want to recognize every day that I already am.

Sometimes I get so focused on the end goal that I overlook the adventure of getting there.

I don’t want to get that laser focus, tunnel vision on my goals and forget about how much fun and how much awesome is happening while I am working on getting there.

And I admit, that I can sometimes (more than I would like to admit) get caught up in how other people are living their life, their fitness game, their end results.

I don’t want to waste my days ‘Keeping Up with the Jones’. I don’t. I want to be enough. I want to be OK.

Guess what?

I already am.

Actually, I am pretty fucking awesome.



So why is it so hard to recognize this? Or better yet, why is it so easy to forget this? Oh so many reasons.

But mainly it boils down to this. I am surrounded by awesome. So. Much. Awesome.
My friends and family are out there kicking ass- running marathons, having babies, becoming doctors. You name it. Each and every person I know is just killing it at life. And sometimes it makes me want to do all the things and be just like them. Could you blame me? I may be awesome but they are so much awesomer so I need to do better, be better, be more awesome, right????

NO! Not right!

I am awesome at being Dacia. I have got Dacia down pat. I can be a more awesome Dacia but only by improving and adjusting and tweaking the current Dacia….NOT BY TRYING TO MIMIC SOMEONE ELSE.

And that- that right there ^^^ is what I need to remember. I can be a better me, but only by being better at being me.

Today I write this as a reminder to myself.

I AM HAPPY

there is nothing for me to chase

MY PATH IS WHAT DEFINES ME AND BRINGS ME JOY

not the destination

BEING ME IS ENOUGH. IT IS OK. IT IS AWESOME. I AM AWESOME.

and you are too!





What is something you need to remind yourself of today?

Love and hugs,

Dacia
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment