Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Whole Shape Magazine Thing...

By now you already know about the article in Shape magazine. If you don’t then race to the nearest pharmacy/grocery/bookstore to grab a copy!  


Brooke being featured again on the Today Show. Link here.


My story on Shape.com alongside the stories of the women with whom I experienced this all with. Link here



It seems to be everywhere. Or at least, I am over sharing to the point where I am making myself feel like it is everywhere.  But what can I say, it was truly a once in a lifetime experience- I have to share. My birthday is three days away and all I can think about is how grateful I am for having had this amazing opportunity and how surreal it all feels.

Back in October when this all took place I could only speculate as to how it would all play out and how I would feel seeing my photograph in print. All I can say is wow, it’s pretty cool to see myself in a magazine. I joke with Erick all the time that I will never look as good again as I did that day- I mean, there were full on professional stylists, hair and makeup artists- the kinds that work almost primarily with celebrities. I looked pretty fabulous, if you ask me.

I was beyond thrilled when I was asked to participate in the roundtable discussion as I knew we would be talking about things not often mentioned in regards to weight loss like the psychological effects, dealing with our perception of self and how others treat us, etc. Really great topics. Some of which I plan on discussing individually on this blog.





But for today, I just want to share with you some of the behind the scenes pictures from that day. I have been waiting almost three months to share them with you. I hope you enjoy some of the footage I have (and others who were there – thank you Melissa!) captured from our discussion, photo shoot and mingling afterwards. It was a really freaking awesome day!













Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment