Friday, January 9, 2015

Happy Thirty-Seven!!!

Today is my thirty-seventh birthday! Huzzah!



I went back to look and see if I wrote a birthday post lastyear which in fact I did. I guess I was really excited about my birthday last year. Not to say that I am not super freaking excited about my birthday this year, because I am. I just wasn’t sure if I wanted to do a whole ‘another year older’ type post.

So instead I will give you a quick synopsis of what’s been going on lately.

I have had a chest cold for a week now. Doc says it is what it is and I just need to let it run its course. Yay! :/ I am pretty sure all of Pensacola has been sick at least once over the past month or so. Me, this is my third bout. Yuck!

I have a 5K and a half marathon next week. I am not going to PR either which I am ok with. I haven’t ran consistently for about 3 weeks. I have been nursing a nagging issue in my leg then getting sick….it’s just been a lot lately. But I know I can go out there and run/walk that half so that is what I will do. And it will be awesome! There will be lots of pictures and maybe even race updates during. You never know. I picked this race because I wanted to scout out the course for a possible full marathon next year. It’s supposed to be one of the best small races. This year, however, I am racing the Déjà vu Half+5K which is a 5K Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday. Erick and Gordie are coming along to cheer me on. I am really freaking excited! Baton Rouge here we come!

This week has been a bit surreal with all the magazine stuff going on. And I am ready to just go back to life as usual. Thankfully, so is everyone else in the world. My fifteen minutes are officially over. LOL!

Today I woke up with Gordie only to find decorations and balloons and presents all laid out for me. It was a great birthday surprise. Then I went to work and was greeted by more surprises there which just made my heart melt. I am so thankful for all of my friends and family that took the time today to send me birthday love. It was amazing to receive so many messages today.  I am not, however, thankful that my father posted a naked baby picture on my Facebook wall. That’s just a bit much. Ain’t nobody got time for that. LOL!

Yay presents! 

They have LED lights inside so they glow in the dark. How cool???

 I have the best friends...

Peonies are my FAVORITE! Love these so much! 

E has a whole birthday weekend planned out in which I don’t really know much about the specifics. I just know it starts with dinner and an overnight bag. And we’ll go from there. I know that no matter where we go or what we do it will be awesome. I am very lucky to have such a sweet and thoughtful guy in my life. I will definitely be raising a glass in his honor tonight!

Anywho, that’s about it. I am officially 37. I am 100% ok with that (not like I have a choice, right?). And in just a bit my birthday celebration weekend will begin. So for now, I bid you adieu.

Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment