Monday, January 6, 2014

FMM: the First One for 2014


I have a lot on my mind I that plan on writing about. Nothing bad or serious, just some thoughts I have from questions I have been receiving lately regarding weight loss and some of my own changes I will be making in the new year. Unfortunately, I probably won’t be tackling either topic today so instead I give you a Friend Makin’ Monday Q&A post instead J

If you’ve taken part in Friend Makin’ Monday (FMM) then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: http://alltheweigh.com this way everyone over at All the Weigh can check out your responses. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to create your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts, too. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Friend Makin’ Mondays

1. What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far? Only 6 days into the new year and there are already so many to pick from. I would have to say my happiest moment was the first moment of the year. How I rung in 2014 was absolutely perfect and if it is any indication of how the rest of the year will go well then I am in store for something amazing!

2. Share the last compliment you received. “No one is as awesome as you!” Yeah, my friends are the best! Love you Monica!!!

3. What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? Hmmm…due to my recovery post op my to-do list is pretty small. I feel very accomplished just by being able to drive myself around and take an unsupervised shower. This week I am hoping to just continue to progress in my healing, listen to what my body needs, and have a great follow up appointment with the surgeon come next Monday.

4. What is your favorite TV show currently on air? I really try to not watch much TV. Even while I was recuperating I still barely watched much as far as TV shows go. I kept it to football and movies. However, I do really love Big Bang Theory and Parks and Rec even though I haven’t seen a single new episode yet this season. I catch BBT on repeats on TBS and watch old episodes of Parks and Rec on Netflix.

5. If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go? For my birthday, my friend is taking me to both New Orleans and Nashville and I am really excited for both trips. My reality is already taking me on two amazing adventures over the next two weeks so I don’t think I need to dream up anything else.

6. Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system. That’s a tough one. I mean you would think that divorce would be my obvious answer but it really hasn’t changed my values or what I believe in. I guess maybe I would have to say that becoming a vegan (which at first was purely for health reasons) has changed my values significantly. Not just in terms of animal rights but also in terms of the environment and of course trying to live a life in the best manner I can in order to ‘do no harm’.

7. What made you decide to live where you currently live? Most of you know how I ended up in Pensacola but for those of you newer to R.R.R. I moved here with my husband (at the time) who is in the military and moved here for training. I love Pensacola. I have lived in every region of the country, in nine different states, and even lived in Florida previously too, and this is by far (aside from my home in Philly) my favorite place. I could grow old here I love it that much.

8. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? Do unto others … Yes, this is the first thing I think of. Yes, I am well aware of the fact that like every religion has some form of this principle. I think it is an important way to live life, regardless if you consider yourself a religious person or not.

9. If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose? I would be torn between ultra-runner/vegan Scott Jurek or IronMan/vegan Brendan Brazier. I have heard them both speak and have read their books and still there is so much more I would love to know about them. Oh, and I should probably add Matt Frazier (the No Meat Athlete) to that list too. Yeah, there is a definite pattern in my interests; super athletes that are vegans. Yep, they really do exist J

10. List three things that you’re thankful for today. Just three???

            Life- waking up every day is a blessing in and of itself

            Love- the acts of giving and receiving love is definitely the most amazing gift. I am honored to have so many lovable (and loving) people in my life.

            Craft beer- tonight is the national championship game. I am neither an FSU nor an Auburn fan (and will probably just cheer for both since I have friends that like each team) but I am a craft beer fan, and will be enjoying the game while having a beer or two. I am very thankful for that.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are adjusting smoothly back into the reality of everyday life. That’s what I am working on. I think it will take a few days before I am fully back into the swing of things again.

What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far? I would love to hear yours if you wouldn't mind sharing in the comments.

Happy Monday!

Love and hugs,

Dacia

1 comment:

  1. Those two trips sound like so much fun! I hope you have a great time! I also love your positive attitude toward life and always enjoy reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete