Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Voice in Your Head...

I was having a conversation this morning with a male friend and I mentioned some apprehensions I was having about the half marathon this Sunday and he said if I had the drive to sign up for a half then I should be good to go.

 
This got me thinking about how different men and women are.

 
Good thing the founder of Nike was a man. If not their slogan wouldn't be 'Just Do It' it would be;

 
'Should I Do It?'

 
or

 
'Can I Do It?'

 
or

 
'Do I really want to do it?'

 
or

 
'She did it so I can do it too'

 
or

 
'Maybe if I get lucky I can do it'

 
You get my point.

 
Tell me if I am wrong but why does it seem women (or maybe this is just me) are plagued with self-doubt? Couple that with my amazing ability to over-think and over-analyze everything and it is damn near crippling.

 
I want to ‘Just Do It’

 
I don’t want to think about every misstep I could have possibly taken these last 10 weeks. I don’t want to doubt my ability. I don’t want to second guess my training.

 
I just want to wake up Sunday morning and just freaking do it.

 
And I would really like to know what is preventing me from doing just that. I mean I know I will. I will get up and run that half marathon. But I want to know what I need to do/change in order to stop questioning my actions and start believing in myself 100% of the time.

 
What more proof do I need to give myself that I can do it; whatever IT is? How many more goals do I have to pass or successes do I need to achieve before I truly start believing this?