Sunday, January 13, 2013

3M Half Marathon: Video Recap

Here is my very long (sorry, almost 17 minutes) video recap of the 3M Half Marathon in Austin, TX which took place today- January 13, 2013. Please note that with about a minute left Ruby starts barking and it's loud so I apologize. Don't turn the volume up too high or you might end up with ruptured eardrums ;)


Also, I wanted to include my mile times from my Garmin but I had some issues uploading it so I will just manually type it out. I only checked it a few times during the race and just now went through each mile- I was pretty surprised with what I saw. Especially since I stopped at every water stop, took breaks when I ate my gels, and that I walked every time there was an uphill section. I could not believe how well today went.

Mile 1: 10:34
Mile 2: 10:28
Mile 3: 10:55
Mile 4: 11:09
Mile 5: 11:01
Mile 6: 12:06 (this includes my stopping/gel break)
Mile 7: 11:29
Mile 8: 11:51
Mile 9: 12:39 (another gel break)
Mile 10: 12:54 (this begins the walking segments)
Mile 11: 12:45
Mile 12: 12:58
Mile 13: 13:10
Plus 5 minutes and 24 second for .40 mile. I forgot to turn my watch off until after I took the photo at the end of the tunnel. Whoops.

My official times from the 3M site are 01:09:53 for the 10K split and 02:38:17 for the half! Yay!

My next goal is sub-2:30 which if there were no hills I totally think I would have been close to hitting today. No worries. Now I have something else to focus on in my training.


This is the post race picture I mention in the video. Don't you love my red face?

10 comments:

  1. Congrats!! You are so giddy...I love it!! Makes me smile! The 3M swag bag is great. Totally jealous of your duct tape games. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I was totally giddy! I still am. I feel so excited to start training again in a few weeks.

      Delete
  2. Yay congrats!!!! I loved the video. You had me cracking up & I loved hearing the story. What an awesome goodie bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I am glad I made you laugh. I probably could have talked about that race forever. I had so many thoughts running through my head afterwards. It was a great day!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on a great race! I think 2:30 is definitely in your future!! I've heard that the swag from 3M was good, thanks for sharing what was in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be great to have a number to focus on in my next round of training.

      Yeah, the swag bag was pretty good. Definitely filled with more useful stuff than what I have gotten in the past :)

      Delete
  4. look at that medal! I love it! Great job! I look forward to following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally had a chance to watch your vlog! You look so, so happy! I'm really glad you had a better experience this time. Listening to you is making me so excited for my first half. Also, I can't wait until we meet IRL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for watching Jodi! I am glad my excitment is infectious! I am super excited for my next one now and I cannot wait for us to meet IRL! I am counting on you on showing me all the cool places to run ;)

      Delete