Wednesday, January 9, 2013

35 in 35!


Happy Birthday to me! Today I turn 35 and as a way to celebrate this great year that is upon me I have created a list of 35 things I hope to accomplish over the next twelve months.


Running Goals

1. Run 12 races in 12 months 
2. Run in 3 different states
3. Finish a race hand in hand with Paul (optimally I would be running his pace, not the other way around)
4. Sub-30 minute 5K- current best time is 30:26
5. Sub-60 minute 10K- I have only completed one 10K and my time was 01:11:05 
6. Complete (and PR) a half marathon
7. Complete a full marathon
8. Log 750 running miles
9. Run a trail or beach race 
10. Join a running or training group

Cycling Goals

11. Attend a spin class
12. Participate in 25 group rides
13. Complete a 50 miler
14. Complete a 100K ride
15. Log 500 miles on the bike
16. Join a cycling group

Other Fitness-Related Goals

17. Attend a yoga class
18. Attend a pilates class
19. Attend a boxing class
20. Attend a Nia class
21. Attend a dance class
22. Take swimming lessons

Health Goals

23. Plant-strong for another year
24. Achieve a body fat percentage between 20-22%
25. Attend body composition and nutrition analysis through MWR
26. Complete an annual physical

Life Goals

27. Visit my parents
28. Buy my best friend a coffee (or glass of wine) and enjoy it with her
29. Meet a social media friend in real life
30. Make a new friend
31. Publish 100 blog posts
32. Read 12 books
33. Join a social group/club
34. Find a job that isn't 'work'
35. Learn a new hobby or skill

I have to admit, this list makes me really excited for this year. What a fabulous way to celebrate growing older. Maybe this is what they mean by growing old gracefully! 

I'm also going to create a page for this list and update it monthly so please check back and see how I'm doing. 


10 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT list! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am really freaking excited for this year!

      Delete
  2. I love your list! LOVE! It is empowering, inspiring, and uplifting. So positive! You make me so happy! And you make me want to write a list of my own, too! Happy birthday, Dacia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaime! I am so excited for this year! And I totally think you should do a list too! That would be awesome!

      Delete
  3. I love that you Categorized your goals! What a great idea! I hope that we can meet in this year :) and if we do I can teach you how to knit. What is a Nia class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some days I am inspired, what can I say. Lol!

      Oh no, you cannot teach me to knit. The two times someone has tried to show me my father had a heart attack. I'm not even joking. It may be the weirdest coincidence ever but I vowed to never attempt to learn to knit again.

      Nia is a group class. Kind of like dance meets martial arts meets yoga. I am actually a certified white belt and could teach (if I ever got my butt around to learning a routine and finding a studio to work at) but I know there is no Nia classes in Pensacola and I want to take at least one here in SA before I leave. It's awesome. If you go onto Nianow.com you can search to see if there are classes around you.

      It's like Zumba but spiritual. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday toooo youuuuu! Your list is awesome, inspiring and is setting you up for a great year. I can help you out with #10 & #29 once you get to Pensacola. You should totally look into teaching a Nia class here, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait!

      I would love to teach NIa but it is just something I couldn't do if I was wokring full time- it takes a very long time to learn the routines- but if I don't have a job lined up when I get there that is definitely something I would look into!

      Delete
  5. Happy (belated) Birthday Dacia! Your goals are awesome!

    ReplyDelete