Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Year of Zen

This morning as I was cleaning out my desk at work (for those of you who don’t know, I am leaving voluntarily in order to move to FL with Paul while he goes through flight school) I found a bunch of pages I kept from a Zen calendar Paul gave me for Christmas back in 2011. It was one of those page a day calendars with each day having a new Zen inspired quote as the focus.  Throughout the year, as I found ones that resonated with me, I would keep the page. I thought it would be fun to share the quotes that made the cut and hopefully you enjoy them as much as I do.
“Nirvana may be the final object of attainment, but at the moment, it is difficult to reach. Thus, the practical and realistic aim is compassion, a warm heart, serving other people, helping others, respecting others, being less selfish.” ~ The Dalai Lama
“Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.” ~ Jawaharlal Nehru
“Every minute of life carries with it its miraculous value, and its face of eternal youth.” ~ Albert Camus
“What science finds to be nonexistent, a Buddhist must necessarily accept, but what science merely does not find is a completely different matter. It is quite clear that there are many, many mysterious things.” ~ The Dalai Lama
“A tree that is unbending is easily broken.” ~ Lao-Tsu
“A human life is like a single letter in the alphabet. It can be meaningless. Or it can be part of a great meaning.” ~ Talmudic Zen
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.” ~ Albert Einstein
“The mind is everything. What you think, you become.” ~ The Buddha
“If I could tell you what it meant, there would be no point in dancing it.” ~Isadora Duncan
Do you like inspirational quotes? What is your favorite? Please share in the comment section

1 comment:

  1. I really like “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” ~ Albert Einstein and “The mind is everything. What you think, you become.” ~ The Buddha. Both of these quotes go along with what I try to tell myself every day. I know if I keep telling myself that I can meet my goals that I'll believe it.

    ReplyDelete