Friday, August 24, 2012

Hello...

Hello and welcome to my new blog. I appreciate you stopping by. Maybe you know me already from my other, out of commission, blog – thirtythreeandcounting (which if you ever wish to read please let me know and I can grant you access to it), maybe you know me in real life, or maybe we are strangers. Either way, I am happy you are here.
Let me first start off by explaining why I have a new blog. A few months ago I contracted a severe case of writer’s block. I could not for the life of me compose a post for my blog. I don’t know what was happening. My life was busy, I had many things I could have been writing about but alas, no words came.  Recently, I have started to feel inspired to get back into blogging. I really do enjoy sharing my story, my life with others but when it came to my old blog I just didn’t want to pick up where I left off.  I just felt like I was no longer that person anymore. I had a new voice, a new perspective so why not a new blog. 
This is how ‘Run.Ride.Repeat.’ was born.
My old blog was about my journey to transform my life mainly through my dire need to lose weight. Even though my weight loss was a big focus of the blog I also made other personal changes that contributed to my transformation; I changed jobs, moved, and became more involved in my community in the process. I loved what transpired over the 16 months I was actively writing and don’t ever want to lose those memories which is why I saved the blog. But I am ready to move on, start the next chapter in my book and this is where I will document it.
So again, welcome. I am so glad you are here. I hope you come back and follow me along as I try to tackle all these crazy adventures I have planned!
“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.”  ~H.G. Wells

13 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad to see you blogging again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are blogging again!! Can't wait to hear about your new and exciting adventures ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Veronica! I am so happy to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've missed you Dacia! I was just thinking about emailing you this morning. I can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I miss you too! You should still email me. I would love to hear how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invite Dacia, maybe I can give you some inspiration every now and again to bring over to here. After all, successful people surround themselves with other successful people. That is how they stay on top of their game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you are back to blogging.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Dacia!!! Woot, Woot :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're blogging again. I have questions, though--which you don't have to answer, as curious as I am! First, why is the old blog password protected? Second, why Blogspot instead of Wordpress?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind the questions. The wordpress blog is password protected because I made it private. I will probably go back and change the settings but for now I am keeping it private. Blogspot v Wordpress is because of access. It's easier for me to use blogspot.

    ReplyDelete