Friday, November 7, 2014

Two More Days!!!

Yep, just two more days until the half marathon....

I am sorry for the fact that it is really the only thing I've talked/written about these past few months. I know it may not seem like a big deal to most but to me has felt like a huge undertaking. Having taken so much time off from running and having two surgeries over the past 11ish months I never thought this is where I would be.  But I felt good enough in the spring/early summer to start running again and then with some added motivation by being asked to be on a Ragnar relay team (check out our FB page and team website) ...well, somehow I ended up here.

Two days away from my fourth half marathon.

And 10 weeks and two days away from my fifth...

That's right,  I am signed up for half marathon number five (the Louisiana half marathon in Baton Rouge on January 18th) as well as the Gulf Coast half marathon in April (which I ran in 2013) for number six. All helping me train up for Ragnar Cape Cod on the weekend of May 8th.

So, for the next 6 months I will do my best to not make this an all-running-all-the-time blog. Because honestly, that really isn't what my life is all about. It's just that most days it is the easiest/fastest thing to write about. I promise, I will try harder to do something else- something more interesting- that I can discuss here on the blog.

One would think that having a puppy would make my life interesting, which it does, but not in a blog content kind of way. At least not yet. Life right now is middle of the night walks and battling with the teething, hyper puppy. It's overwhelming but at least only for like 20 minutes at a time. Then he is exhausted and passes out. For like 20 minutes. And the cycle continues...




On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else feeling ready for the holidays? I cannot wait. We have family spending Thanksgiving with us and then a nice two week break for the winter holiday and in between a 6 day trip to Ft. Lauderdale. Oh, and I forgot- technically half marathon 5 will be in December when I go to St. Pete to walk a half with my friend Heather. I am super excited about being able to walk with her! It will definitely be the most fun half marathon EVER!

Well, that's about all I have time for today. I am a ball of nerves and excitement. Cannot wait for Sunday morning!!!

The force is strong...still standing a week past Halloween!

Love and hugs,
Dacia
xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment