Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

If you come by my house tonight this is what you'll get ;)
 
So much has been going on over here in my little world but at the same time it is kind of life as usual. I guess that's a good thing???

Tomorrow wraps up week 9 of half marathon training and I am now just 9 days out from running my fourth half marathon….18 months after my last one. Eek! Exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time. Training has been going very well and last Saturday I logged my first half marathon training run of this program and guess what? My pace was actually faster than any of my three previous half marathons. Sooooo….I would totally be lying if I wasn’t hopeful to PR next Sunday. But we shall see. My main goals (as always) are to finish and to run the entire distance so I would be perfectly happy with achieving those. Anything above that- icing on the cake.

E and I spent an amazing celebratory weekend beachside last week. It was still warm enough to swim in the gulf and I spent hours just walking and collecting shells. It was super relaxing just being on the water. E planned this whole weekend getaway for us and it included some amazing dinners out, a massage, a hockey game, and to wrap it all up…a puppy!

Yes, after a really hard loss with Charlie we ended up getting a cream colored Golden Retriever that we named Gordie after Mr. Hockey himself, Gordie Howe. He is just about 10 weeks now and we are ripping our hair out adapting to life as puppy parents. Thankfully he is pretty smart and is picking up on the potty training part pretty well. He sleeps really well and just needs one or two walks during the night so that is good for us. We are just so in love with this little guy and I cannot wait for him to grow up so he can be my running buddy. I even made up a Facebook page for him….because who doesn’t love cute puppy pictures?




 

School is going well. I managed to pull off two 100%s on my midterms- woo hoo! I feel like even though it is just turning November that the semester is almost over. Maybe that’s just because I have so much due next month. I think they need to scale it back with the homework. I think doctorates should be earned just by showing up. Maybe I need to send my professors pictures of Gordie and then they will just give me As. Sounds reasonable to me ;)

But in all seriousness, I am so super excited for November. We have a lot of great things on the horizon. Of course, there is the half marathon and I am starting a new job next week but also there is the Pensacola Craft Beer Festival, we have tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld and Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, hockey is back in full swing, and Thanksgiving with MY PARENTS! My parents are coming to Pensacola and staying with E and I and we will be spending the holiday together- me and my parents and E and his family. I am so excited. My parents have met E and I have met his family but this will be the first time we get to introduce the families. And knowing how similar our moms are I think it will be a really great visit.

Another exciting thing…I had my first skype interview for a podcast. It was so much fun! The questions were great and I honestly could have spent hours talking. I hope one day I get to do it again. It should be available in December some time and I will be sure to share the link then.

Oh wait, did I ever share with you that I am in a book? A few weeks ago the book “Down Size” by Ted Spiker came out and I am one of the (many) stories in the book. I think mine blurb is about 3 pages long. I read it, and even though we had to tweak/edit it a few times, I thought Ted did a great job telling my story from his perspective. It’s weird having only had done one phone interview with him and a few emails back and forth that he was able to do such a good job taking one of the stories that resonated with him and applying it to his book. I think it’s pretty cool. My name and story in a book. Crazy.

Anyway, I think that about wraps it up for today. I hope you have an amazing weekend!

Love and hugs,

Dacia
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment