Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thought-Provoking Thursday: 1st ed.

Back in the day, like two blog sites ago, I used to have a weekly posting called ‘Thought-Provoking Thursday’. I used this post idea as a way to reflect and answer some though, thought-provoking (usually) questions.  Similar to Friend Makin’ Mondays except that I was the only participant (although I am sure other people also post similarly on Thursdays) and the questions were a bit deeper than the ones on FMM.

There’s no doubt that I have been struggling with blogging. I think some of it is I don’t have much to write about (I run, bike, eat and drink beer and sometimes play with Legos) but maybe even more so I am just feeling like I am having a blogging (or blogger) identity crisis. I guess that’s the thing, when you don’t have a ‘theme’ for a blog that freedom it allows you can also hinder you due to lack of direction.  That’s kind of where my head is at now. So, in order to try and continue writing regularly I am going to bring back Thought-Provoking Thursdays and hope that I can find some inspiration that will carry into blogging on other days.

This week I am starting with five questions from this post: 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind from Mark and Angel Hack Life.

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

I think I would be 30. I am 36, for those who don’t know, and most days I don’t feel 36, although I am not really sure what 36 should feel like.  But if I didn’t know my actual age and I was trying to approximate my age off of societal norms I would say definitely older than early 20’s because I have a car payment and student loans but definitely younger than 36 because I am single (meaning unmarried) and have no kids.  I definitely think I feel like an adult with adult responsibilities but at the same time I feel quite young because I do have an untethered lifestyle and then adult again since I have a real job with disposable income so…yeah, 30.

Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Never trying. Hands down. That is where regret comes from. Failure is a learning experience, a chance for growth. Never trying leads to stagnation.  And I never would want my life to be stagnant.

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

I really wish I knew the answer to this. Wouldn’t we all be happier filling our days doing things we love? My guess would be that we let fear prevent us from spending more time doing what we love. I know it is for me. Fear of stepping into the unknown, leaving financial security behind. I see many others do it, so I know it is possible but for me there is that really big WHAT IF holding me back. I’d like to think that one day I will feel comfortable enough to make a big life change and start building the life I really want but I know that comfortable day will never come, it just never happens that way. Honestly, I am just waiting for the day I grow a pair and finally push myself forward, into the unknown.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Gosh, I hope not. I really hope that in the end my life was spent doing and not just talking/thinking about doing. But as you read above, I am still in the thinking stage. Although, in my defense I do think I have done a fair amount of doing, too. I try not to wish my life away and instead take advantage of every opportunity that comes about. But still, I find myself not ready yet to make the big changes.

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

This is a really tough one because there are so many injustices. Can I say I would like to get rid of ‘-ism’s; racism, sexism, ageism, sizeism (is that even a word?) and create a world filled with accepting and loving minds all willing to help their fellow man up, not beat him down. Equality everywhere.  That would definitely be a really good starting point.

Ok, well that wraps up this week’s installment.  If you had to answer these questions what would you say?

Love and hugs,

Dacia

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment