Sunday, November 11, 2012

Half Marathon Recap Video

I will have you know that in this video I refrained from cursing. The video is rated PG. But I did cry. Alot. Sorry. And at one point my voice gets quite shrill. Again, sorry. If after reading this you don't want to watch- I totally understand. ;)

Also, a couple things I forget to say in the video- thanks Mom and Dad! I wish you could have been here. I miss you and can't wait to have you be there for the Philly Marathon in 2013!

And Happy Veterans Day to all of the men and women serving or who have served as well as their families. I am so thankful for your service.

And a big thank you to Paul for being both a member of our armed services as well as my biggest fan and supporter through this whole half marathon training. Love you babe!

As for the race- well, today...

I made sure to thank every Vet and Active military member I came upon.

And high five anybody that had an outstretched arm.

And wave and smile and thank the spectators.

And laugh at all of the amazing signs.

And ask people who could barely walk if they wanted to lean on me for support.

And enjoy every hot, sweaty, painful minute of it. The good and the bad.

Because any day that I can put one foot in front of the other for 13.1 miles makes even the bad times good.